The Los Angeles Dodgers continue efforts to improve vehicular and pedestrian access to Dodger Stadium and the Dodger Express will begin shuttle service from the South Bay for postseason games to assist fans in their travel plans.
South Bay fans can board the Dodger Express from the Harbor Gateway Transit Center starting two hours before game time and every 15 minutes thereafter. Riders will board at Bay 9 and their Dodger ticket covers the payment for the travel. Buses will drop off in Lot G just by the right field pavilion. The return service begins with buses leaving five minutes after the last out and continuing for 45 minutes in five minute intervals.
Dodger fans should plan to arrive early to avoid rush hour traffic and alleviate congestion. Fans also are urged to carpool to Dodger Stadium or enjoy one of the many alternative transportation services offered.
The Dodgers are also adding a number of pregame activities to add to the fan experience.
The Dodgers also are asking fans, who have purchased postseason tickets, to purchase their parking passes in advance online to assist in traffic flow and expediting movement through the auto gates. Purchasing your parking in advance also guarantees you parking onsite. Parking price for advance purchase is $10 and parking at the gate is $20 for the Division Series. The Dodgers also will offer premium parking in advance at $35 and for $50 at the gate for Division Series.
Parking Lots 13 and 14 located on Stadium Way are available allowing fans easy entrance and exit and they are just a short walk to Dodger Stadium. Parking in these two lots are $5 in advance and $10 at the gate for the Division Series.
The Dodger Stadium Express, a complimentary shuttle service from Union Station in downtown Los Angeles to Dodger Stadium, has been a fan favorite for the past five years, increasing in fan popularity with each season.
LA Metro will offer the Dodger Stadium Express bus service, which includes the benefit of enjoying a dedicated bus lane on Sunset Boulevard from Union Station to Elysian Park Avenue. Dodger game day tickets will be honored as payment to ride the bus service and the shuttle will operate 90 minutes before the game and 45 minutes after the game. Fans can also park at Union Station for $6 and take the Dodger Stadium Express free with a ticket.
The Dodger Stadium Express has two stops—behind the pavilions and at the Top Deck, Lot P.
Following are helpful hints re: the Dodger Stadium Express shuttle:
- Board the Dodger Express shuttle at the Patsaouras Bus Plaza adjacent to the east portal of Union Station. The shuttle travels to Dodger Stadium via Sunset Blvd. and Cesar Chavez Avenue.
- Service will be provided starting 90 minutes prior to the beginning of the game and will end 45 minutes after the end of the game.
- Service will be provided every 10 minutes prior to the start of the game and run approximately every 30 minutes throughout the game.
- Dodger tickets will be honored as fare payment to ride the service. Those without a ticket will pay regular one-way fare of $1.50.
- Patrons are encouraged to use the many transportation alternatives that serve Union Station that will connect them to the Dodger Stadium Express.
- Metro operates the Metro Gold Line from East Los Angeles to Pasadena.
- The Metro Red/Purple subway lines operate from Wilshire/Western and North Hollywood to downtown.
- The Metro Green Line operates between Norwalk and El Segundo and intersects with the Metro Blue Line operating between Long Beach and downtown Los Angeles.
- Metrolink and Amtrak trains are available and Metro operates many bus lines that serve Union Station where patrons can easily transfer to the Dodger Stadium Express.
The Dodgers also encourage use of MTA buses on Sunset Blvd. as well as using the Gold Line in Chinatown. Metro also will have the #2 and #4 buses available from the Red Line station in Hollywood that will operate to the Dodger Stadium entrance at Sunset Blvd. and Elysian Park Avenue.
For specific route and schedule information, fans can visit www.metro.net/around/dodger-stadium-express or call 323.GO.METRO.
During the postseason, the Dodgers also will encourage car service vehicles. They will be allowed to enter Dodger Stadium through the Sunset Blvd. Gate A entrance (Sunset Blvd. and Elysian Park Avenue). Vehicles will be issued a special colored dash placard and they will be able to drop off passengers inside Lot 12. Once passengers are dropped off, car service vehicles will be required to exit through the Sunset Gate A. After the game, car service vehicles will be permitted to enter Sunset Gate A to pick up passengers in Lot 12.
The Dodgers also will have dedicated pedestrian walkways and bicycle lanes (and additional bicycle racks) leading into the entrances formerly designed for autos only.
For further information on Dodger parking, visit www.dodgers.com/parking or call the Dodgers’ ticket office at 323-DODGERS.