Friday, September 9, 2011

Frank McCourt rejects the $1.2 billion offer

Remember that $1.2 billion offer from Bill Burke and "Chinese investors"? {linked here}

Forget about it! McCourt is not selling. From the L.A. Times {linked here}

An attorney for Dodgers owner Frank McCourt dismissed a $1.2-billion bid for the team as a "publicity stunt," according to documents filed this week in Los Angeles Superior Court.

McCourt remains steadfast in his intention not to sell the Dodgers, two people familiar with his thinking but not authorized to discuss it publicly said Thursday.

McCourt received the $1.2-billion offer in an Aug. 30 letter from a group headed by Los Angeles Marathon founder Bill Burke and funded in large part by financial institutions owned by the Chinese government.

Burke denied that the offer was a "publicity stunt" and said he had not discussed it with The Times before the newspaper disclosed it last week.

I had a feeling he wasn't interested.

No comments: