In Baseball! Andre Ethier is a complete different player at night than during the day.
The Dodgers have sent out a PDF document with 2010 stats and reviews of their roster. I'll post a review on a player every couple of days. I'll start with Andre Ethier.
During the day time he struggled.
- .174 Batting Average in 35 games with 4 homers and 12 RBI's.
- .328 Batting Average in 104 games with 19 homers and 70 RBI's. Of course, you are playing more night games but still... Ethier struggled in those 35 day games.
Before the All-Star Break
- .324 B.A. in 70 games with 14 homers and 54 RBI's.
- 256. B.A. in 69 games with 9 homers and 28 RBI's.
That's due to his pinky injury. He really did struggle in the 2nd half. He did have a .348 OBP.
Other interesting stats.
- All-Star right fielder hit .292 with 23 homers, 82 RBI and 33 doubles....led the Dodgers in slugging percentage with a .493 mark, walks with 59 and multi-hit games with 43
- •Finished second on the Dodgers in home runs, doubles, hits (151), extra-base hits (57) and runs (71)
- Among qualifying players, led Los Angeles with a .363 on-base percentage
- Hit .329 with six homers and 19 RBI in April…along with Matt Kemp, was named the Farmers Insurance Co-Player of the Month
- Missed 15 games from May 15-31 with a fractured right pinky finger
- At the time of his injury, was a Triple Crown candidate as he led the NL with a .392 batting average and 38 RBI while his 11 homers tied for the NL lead
- Was hitting .453 (29-for-64) at home and .500 (19-for-38) with runners in scoring position before the injury
- In his 13 games during May, batted .453 (24-for-53) with five homers and 19 RBI
- At the All-Star break, ranked second in the NL with a .324 batting average and ranked fifth with a
- .553 slugging percentage…ranked 12th with a .379 on-base percentage…had 14 homers and 54 RBI
- Also led the National League with a .363 average at night during the first half
- Made just one error in 230 chances in right field …recorded six outfield assists
- Visited the Union Rescue Mission and handed out food for those in need on Aug. 18
- Took part in the 2010 Dodgers' Community Caravan
- Participated in the Dodgers' 2011 calendar shoot, which featured children from the Los AngelesCounty Department of Children and Family Services
I'm expecting big things in 2011.
Pix: Getty Images